1. For those who might not be familiar with you, would you be a dear and tell the reader’s a little about yourself? How you got your start in the writing business?
(Lyn) I’m a single mom from Southern California. I work full time and write novels in my free time. I been writing since I can remember, but didn’t try to jump into the world of publishing till about three years ago. I started off with Hellfire Publishing, and now am with Beau Coup Publishing.
2. All writers fear the dreaded “block”. Please tell us how you handle it.
(Lyn) Yes, the dreaded block! I usually play video games or watch some of my favorite shows to try to relax my mind. I still try to write as well, and sometimes after sitting and hammering on keys for a bit helps the flow to start.
3. Contrary to what some people envision about a romance writer’s life, it’s not all glitz and glamor. Well not for the majority of us. With that bubble sadly busted, when you’re not writing, how to do you spend your time?
(Lyn) Most of my day is spent working full time, so that takes up a majority of it. I do try to have my video game time once in a while, but between work, kids, my writing career… It gets a bit hectic.
4. I know many writers, such as Dirk and myself, keep their pastime/career a secret. Do those close to you know you write? If so, what are their thoughts?
(Lyn) Yes, they all know I write. They’re proud that I’ve worked so hard and haven gotten myself out there. They’ve offered me tons of support in getting here.
5. Will you share with us your all time favorite authors? If you’re like me, it’s a long list so give us your top ten.
a. Stephen King
b. Terry Goodkind
c. Dean Koontz
d. Gena Showalter
e. Anne Rice
f. Richard Matheson
g. V.C. Andrews
h. Clive Barker
i. Christine Feehan
j. Michael Crichton
6. If you could choose one book to go to the big screen, yours or otherwise, which book would you choose and whom would you love see casted in the parts?
(Lyn) I guess I would pick my book, Blood and Lilies. I’ve had several people tell me they see a movie out of it.
|Sarah Michelle Gellar would make a great Cara|
|Of course, my Halfling brother’s, Eamon and Seamus should be played by Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles|
7. Would you care to tell us what you’re working on now? That is if it’s not top-secret information. If so, just whisper it in my ear. I swear it’ll go no further.
(Lyn) I’m working on edits for my second book in my Bloodlines series, titled Blood & Kindred. I’ve also got a sci-fi fantasy novel in the works as well, and am hoping to get that finished up here in the next few months.
8. Where can we find your stories and is there a particular reading order?
(Lyn) You can find me on Amazon. So far, only my first book is released, but the second will be out very shortly.
9. Would you please share how your present and future fans can contact you?
(Lyn) You can find me mostly on Facebook, Twitter and Google +
ii. Twitter handle - @lyncroft27
10. Before we conclude this enlightening interview, do you have anything else you’d like to share? The stage is all yours.
(Lyn) Just want to say, thanks so much for having me. It’s been an honor and I hope to visit again soon.
In the meantime, please check out the Youtube vide below.
Ok, folks, Lyn has a special treat for all of you. Anyone who leaves her a comment or question below will be entered to win Blood & Lilies.
The contest will run today and all day tomorrow until midnight, central time. Wednesday, Lyn will randomly draw a name from the list of people who graciously left her a message below. She will, at that time, contact the winner so make sure your account is set to receive messages because I know you won't want to miss out on your chance to win this book.
(Side note) One entry per contestant.
Best of luck,