1. Welcome, Sascha Illyvich. For those who might not be familiar with you, would you be a dear and tell the reader’s a little about yourself? How you got your start in the writing business?
(S) Honestly? My hairdresser suggested almost 15 years back that I should write if that was what I really wanted. The basics, I'm Sascha Illyvich, erotic romance author and Bad Boy of Romance. I've been published over the last 14 years via e-publishers. My work spans multiple genres. I'm currently represented by Corvisiero Literary Agency and publicity is handled by The Author Success Coach.
2. All writers fear the dreaded “block”. Please tell us how you handle it.
(S) Don't have that problem. Honestly. Writers block comes when you're not plotting properly and have no idea where the story is supposed to go. Because I have a meticulous plotting method, this is generally not my problem. However, there are times when I'm burned out, which is different. That's remedied by leaving the computer or screwing around for a day or so. Needless to say, I rarely do either or.
3. Contrary to what some people envision about a romance writer’s life, it’s not all glitz and glamor. Well not for the majority of us. With that bubble sadly busted, when you’re not writing, how to do you spend your time?
(S) Glass of my favorite liquor or wine, Don Cervantes Masterpiece Platinum cigar in my hand, and I'm usually at Occidental Cigar Club. That's the only real downtime I have.
4. I know many writers, such as Dirk and myself, keep their pastime/career a secret. Do those close to you know you write? If so, what are their thoughts?
(S) Yup. Good thing they know too. Now the thing is, I'm less concerned with their opinions unless they're diehard readers. In which case, I care that they buy!
5. Will you share with us your all time favorite authors? If you’re like me, it’s a long list so give us your top ten.
(S) Top few I can do. JR Ward, Christine Feehan, Rebecca York, Janelle Denison, Lori Foster, Laurel K. Hamilton, Angela Knight, Joey W. Hill. Alexandria Rayne
6. If you could choose one book to go to the big screen, yours or otherwise, which book would you choose and whom would you love see casted in the parts?
(S) Nothing I have currently out yet, but there are stories in the works for such things. As to whom, I barely know who anyone in Hollywood is because I don’t watch much TV.
7. Would you care to tell us what you’re working on now? That is if it’s not top-secret information. If so, just whisper it in my ear. I swear it’ll go no further.
(S) Right now?
As of this blog going live, Bound After Midnight will be released. Three paranormal erotic romance stories with bondage. My story – Finding Eternity – deals with a warrior lost until he is rescued after battle, by a beautiful vampire who seeks only to serve him and be owned in his heart.
I'm currently working on the next book in my Nights of Lust series. The premise: A small group of unlikely heroes faces an entire Criminal Organization for the fate of the World while discovering true love.
Saritza Hernandez is shopping around the first book in my Burning Desires series: Burning for Derrick. The plot of this fine book: Derrick quit the spy business after an operative went awry and thought he was finished until a client comes asking him for protection of his sister, lead singer of the infamous death metal band Ark KaotiK. With her voice, she can control even the strongest of determined shifters and humans alike. Everything is good until she’s targeted for kidnappers to abuse her power. Neither she nor Derrick count on falling in love.
I've started edits on the second book in that series.
8. Where can we find your stories and is there a particular reading order?
(S) http://saschaillyvichauthor.com and the only books with a reading order are Siddella's Submission and Siddella's Surrender, as they were written as two parts to one book.
9. Would you please share how your present and future fans can contact you?
(S) Twitter: @Saschaillyvich – I don't auto follow but I do check my @s.
10. Before we conclude this enlightening interview, do you have anything else you’d like to share? The stage is all yours.
(S) I'll be teaching BDSM in Romance March 1-29th for LowCounty RWA chapter online. Details: http://lowcountryrwa.com/workshops/all-workshops/#MAR3
Oh and I'll be at Frolicon on the Ink track!
There you have it, ladies and gents. I want to again thank Sascha Illyvich for stopping by and I look forward to the next time we can sit down and chat.